The North Carolina Association of Festivals & Events, as the certifying body, offers, for its professional members, the opportunity for certification. Professional certification is a method by which individuals who have met predetermined qualifications can be granted special recognition. Following are some of the benefits of certification for special event planning professionals: – Increases professional credentials;
- Encourages employers and business associates to recognize professional skills, education, and commitment;
- Encourages networking and the sharing of ideas and knowledge;
- Educational seminars help to maintain professional competency and encourage growth and development.
The NCAF&E Professional Certification Board is the standing committee on certification. This Board sets the standards and criteria for certification by listing the requirements for applications and by evaluating and measuring the completion of certification. Depending upon the applicant’s level of experience, education, and other appropriate criteria, application can be made for, a) the “Certified Festival & Event Planner,” or b) the “Certified Associate Festival & Event Planner.” Certification will be granted for a period of three years after completion of the stated requirements for initial certification. Application for re- certification will then be necessary.
The following requirements are mandatory and must be fulfilled prior to application for certification.
- Applicants must hold current membership in NCAF&E as an individual or through their organization.
- Applicants must have attended Showfest and Summer Seminar during the year prior to application and the year of certification.
- Applicants must have actively participated on standing NCAF&E committee prior to seeking certification.
- In addition to the three above-listed requirements, applicants must have accumulated 40 points to support their initial certification application. To support re-certification applications, applicants, must have accumulated 40 points in addition to the first three requirements listed above.
- At time of Application for Certification, a fee of $100.00 must accompany the application. At the time of Application for Re-certification, a fee of $50.00 must accompany the application.
To receive an application and additional information, contact the NCAF&E office.